Some good reasons for staying at the Crown and Castle
- We actually like customers, which may well account for the cheerful, friendly service and relaxed atmosphere – see TripAdvisor for lots of favourable comment.
- Our informal Trinity restaurant has two AA 2 rosettes, an entry in Michelin and a decent (4) rating in the Good Food Guide.
- We specialise in honest food, using lots of local, seasonal produce such as Suffolk asparagus and Orford-caught cod, skate and sea bass (and lobster in season).
- Guests on DB&B rates are offered a free choice of 2 or 3 courses (depending on the package) from our normal a la carte – not a dull, cheapskate table d’hote or restricted choice.
- We have free wi-fi and a jolly good DVD library – but so things remain civilised, phones and tablets (the technical sort) are banned in the restaurant and bar.
- We are surrounded by super food producers, from the two Orford smokehouses to Pump Street Bakery, Friday Street farmshop and Snape Maltings – and good farmers’ markets on Saturdays.
- Orford is on the rivers Alde and Ore and, with its woods, river, sea and nature reserves, is perfect for walking (strenuous or gentle) and cycling (Suffolk does not have many hills).
- Orford is a fantastically relaxing place – Burnham Market it ain’t!
- With certain restrictions (please check) we welcome well-behaved dogs of any age to stay and well-behaved children of eight years or more.