These Precious Days I’ll Spend With You*
September being possibly the best month of the year, wouldn’t it be lovely to spend a little time in Suffolk where the countryside is in glorious mantle and there’s bountiful – and beautiful – produce to enjoy. (Not to mention, and just between ourselves, the amiable tranquillity which accompanies the start of the school term!)
You’ll find interesting, honest and delightful food on the Crown and Castle’s menus and if – in addition to the generous carrier bag of breakfast foodstuffs we give you to take home – you want to purchase something as well, then Orford and its environs is your oyster. Plunder Pinney’s for smoked fish and Brinkley’s Shed for locally landed fish as well as Pump Street Bakery for superb artisan bread. Just outside the village you can buy soft fruits, apples and jam at the estimable High House Farm and between Snape and Saxmundham are both the Railway Farm Shop and Friday Street Farm Shop. Only a short drive away, Maple Farm, By the Crossways in Kelsale, sells the best eggs ever, as well as organic vegetables, and EW Revett in Wickham Market are purveyors of our wonderful breakfast sausages.
Available from 1st September to 1st October excluding Friday and Saturdays our Precious Days offer comprises:
- 3 nights comfortable accommodation
- a 2-course a la carte dinner (with free choice) on two evenings*
- full English breakfast each morning
- and, to take home on checkout, a breakfast carrier filled with a bottle of High House Farm apple juice, a jar of Wendy Brandon’s dark marmalade, a pack of Pinney’s smoked salmon, a box of Maple Farm organic eggs and a voucher for a Pump Street Bakery loaf **
3-night Precious Days per room occupied by 2 people
Good House £515
Better House £635
Best Garden & Best Courtyard £695
Best House & Terrace £755
* If you would like a third course it is charged at a flat £7.50 per person. If you would like to eat on all three nights, please do: dishes will be charged as taken. **Sadly, Pump Street Bakery is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, so no voucher will be available for departures on those days.
* Lyrics from September Song